Many thanks to BLACK GIRL LONG HAIR who posted this recipe, link to their recipe can be found here girls
By Chinwe of Hair and Health – http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/08/3-easy-to-make-homemade-deep-conditioners-for-natural-hair/
* For Manageability – Bananas, Olive Oil, Glycerin & Honey *
This homemade conditioner improves the manageability of my hair for post-rinse styling. The secret is in the banana, which has a way of minimizing shrinkage and softening the hair when mixed with the other ingredients. Meanwhile, glycerin and honey are both humectants, and olive oil which is known to penetrate the hair, all contribute moisturizing benefits. Do not be alarmed if you notice a loosening of your coils or curls with this conditioner; the effect is temporary until your next wash day. This recipe is ideal for naturals who want to achieve easier blow-outs or better stretched styles.
- 1 Large Overripe Banana (sliced) OR 7 oz Banana Baby Food
- 4 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP of Pure Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 TBSP of Pure Honey
- Place the sliced banana, extra virgin olive oil, glycerin, and honey all in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients thoroughly making sure no lumps or banana bits remain. (Depending on your blender quality, you may or may not have to then sieve the mixture. Another option is to use banana baby food, though the conditioner may not be as effective.)
- Apply to hair and let sit for 30-45 minutes under a shower cap.
- Detangle, rinse thoroughly, and style as usual.
5 STAR RATING GIRLS!!! Worked really well on my 4C tresses, made her soft to touch plus moisturized well. Very important note, use the sieve, I did not and had to spend a lot of time removing banana pieces from my tresses, so follow the directions 😀 If your hair is longer, then you can double up on this recipe, if your hair is shorter, and there are leftovers, simply refrigerate.
❤ Thank You for Reading Madames & to Ms. Chinwe from Black Girl Long Hair for posting this cool recipe ❤
“Isle of Azure”