!!!You will love this one!!!
Many thanks to BLACK GIRL LONG HAIR who posted this recipe, link to their recipe can be found here girls
By Chinwe of Hair and Health – http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/08/3-easy-to-make-homemade-deep-conditioners-for-natural-hair/
* For Detangling – Avocados, Olive Oil, Shea Butter & Apple Cider Vinegar *
This homemade conditioner is lubricating, thick, and heavy, all of which give my kinks slip, moisture, and hang for detangling. The avocado’s meatiness and fatty acid content contribute to the effectiveness of this mixture. Additionally, the fatty acids in the olive oil combined with the emollient properties of shea butter add even more lubrication and moisturizing benefits. Lastly, the acidic pH of the apple cider vinegar helps to flatten the cuticles for easier detangling. This conditioner is ideal for those with thick, dense hair and major shrinkage.
- 1 Overripe Avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Unrefined Shea Butter
- 2-3 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place the sliced avocado, unrefined shea butter, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), and apple cider vinegar (ACV) into a blender. (There is no need to melt the shea butter ahead of time.)
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly and add more EVOO, if necessary, until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- When done, apply to the hair and let sit for 30-45 minutes under a shower cap.
- Detangle, rinse thoroughly, and style as usual.
5 STAR RATING GIRLS!!! Really like the moisturized effect of this conditioner in my hair, avocados work great for my 4C tresses, and gotta love the rest of the ingredients. Extra tip, make sure you sieve the avocado to avoid any foody pieces. Have begun to really respects sieves more than ever 😀 Have fun girls and if you have more left over, refrigerate for another day.
❤ Thank You for Reading Gorgeous & to Ms. Chinwe from Black Girl Long Hair for posting this tasty recipe ❤
“Isle of Azure”