Hello My Darlings,
Welcome to a very late post but wanted to fully inform you all of my hair progress. I cannot believe it has now been 3 years since my BC.
This year has been one of the best for my hair because have learned many techniques and tips. One of my hair goals when I started was to achieve long hair, that is no longer a goal, my goal is healthy happy hair that has sheen, grows well and a hair regimen I can do with ease.
She is now 15 inches long, and this is with 1 full trim and dusting three times this year, had some ends that I did not want to get rid of but for the health of my tresses, off they went. She is very happy by the way, which is why I truly believe our hair is alive, she is pure attitude 😀 😀 😀
Each year that passes, my hair has changed, in what I can do and what she likes on her, this year, this will be my hair regimen:
😀 Wash Day aka Kiss the Rest of Your Day Goodbye aka Hello 3 to 4 Hour Movies 😀
- Detangle hair with conditioner of choice, such as Samy Moist or V05 Conditioner, always mix with vegetable oil for slip.
- First oil is applied then conditioner as I detangle, hair is then placed in 8 to 12 large sections with scrunchies.
- Deep Condition for 15 to 30 min. While I wait, I prepare my Black Tea Rinse, put to a boil then leave to cool.
- Wash hair under shower, this is soo much easier, Thank You Naptural85, learnt this technique from her, best time saver.
- As I wash each section, I place back in scrunchies, or you can place in braids or twists, whichever works best for you.
- Let hair dry about 20 minutes, proceed to add Water if needed, Olive Oil mixed with Shea Butter then my Tresemme Conditioner.
- Onto protective styling, for me its usually 2 strand twists, because then I can place in rollers, do twists outs or something different.
This takes me 4 to 6 hours tops, yes I know, it seems like a lot but my wash day is every 3 or 4 weeks so am happy 🙂
Daily and Weekly Method
- LOC Method once every 3 days at night before sleeping. Liquid is Water, Oil of my choice and Cream is Tresemme Conditioner.
- Satin Cap every single night without missing a beat!!!
- After 2 weeks of twists, will change her up a bit, twists outs, bantu knots, loose hair, do a roller set, or twists but larger for a puffier look.
New Hair Care Ideas to try 2015
- Want to try the Coffee Oil for Hair Growth posted by Ms. Alma from Black Hair Information.
- Want to try using this recipe for Shine, Slip and Moisture: Coconut Milk (1 cup), Olive Oil (1\2 Cup) 3 Drops of Essential Oils.
- Improve on achieving better Flat Twists, Updos and Wraps on my tresses for different looks.
2015 Goals for IslandKynks
- This year is dedicated to all of you, my dear viewers and followers because each Monday one of you will be featured on my blog. Thought this would be an awesome idea to know about each others natural hair journey and all each of you have been through. Also want to take this opportunity to thank all those gorgeous ladies who have participated and will do so in the future, your girls are great and for the sweet, wonderful comments from you all, very much appreciated and loved.
- Add more picture tutorials on how to achieve styles I have learnt from you and our Natural Divas on YouTube, so many styles so have to try quite a few.
- There are so many methods out there for our natural tresses, do they work? Are they worth the time and effort? Will do a post and will see what you have to say.
My List of Hair Products I Currently Use:
- WATER, the best thing on Earth for our Tresses.
- CONDITIONERS: All Tresemme Conditioners – Leave Ins, VO5 Conditioners – Wash Days, Special Occasions Leave In – Aussie Moist.
- SHAMPOOS: Use None but to clarify every 3 months, will do an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse.
- OILS: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Almond Oil, Mamey Oil, Castor Oil.
- POMADES: Oyin Pomade Burnt Sugar and Berry Scent, Kids Organics Hair Styling Pomade.
- TEA RINSES: Black Pekoe Tea, Green Tea, Hibiscus Tea.
- GELS: 100% Aloe Vera Gel and Eco Styler Gel Clear.
- HAIR TREAMENTS: Full Okra Treatment once a year for 1 month, Protein Deep Treatment once every 6 months.
- HAIR TOOLS: Scrunchies, Goody Bobby Pins, Wide Teeth Comb, butterfly pins, rollers of every size, Satin Bonnett.
So Dearies, thank you for being with me on my journey, for your kind words, support and continuing to keep posted.
😀 Thank you for reading Dearies, remain on your journey, learn as you go, have fun with your Beautiful Tresses 😀
Isle of Azure