!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our following guest is our Stunning Ms. Victoria,
She has been fully natural for one year now and oh my such beautiful growth and lovely smile!!!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy My Ladies:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: Hey! My name is Victoria Sallie and I’m a 22 year old natural hair blogger and student. I’ve lived in NYC my entire life. I love food, traveling, and watching reruns of Law and Order: SVU!
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I did a long term transition before finally getting frustrated and chopping off the rest of my relaxed ends.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I transitioned for a year and 3 months. I big chopped in April 2014, so I’ve been fully natural for almost a year now *does dance*
4) What made you return natural?
A: I actually went natural by accident. I studied abroad one semester in college and had no idea how to even begin to find someone to relax my hair. A friend of mine was already natural, and she kind of talked me into it. I loved how her hair looked, and after doing some research on Youtube and different blogs I decided to start my journey.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: I thought it was going to be extremely hard at first, but it really wasn’t. I got a little obsessed with natural hair and tried to read everything I could find about how to take care of it properly. Once I figured out how to pick products and read product ingredients, it became MUCH easier to manage. The only thing that was a little difficult for me was dealing with negative reactions from my boyfriend at the time, who couldn’t stand natural hair.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: Just knowing how much I loved natural hair kind of helped me continue my journey. It was something that I really wanted to do – I don’t give up once I’m really into something. Also, starting my blog and finding the natural hair community was definitely helpful as well. I met so many ladies who were in the same position as I was or that already went back to natural hair and I loved how confident and happy they looked.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
A: Ouuchh.. hard question considering I’m really a product junkie! Right now I’d have to say my three favorite products are:
- Queens of Curls Black Soap Shampoo – it doesn’t contain any harsh sulfates, but it does the job of cleansing my hair. It also doesn’t strip my hair or dry it out. My favorite shampoo to date!
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-wash – I love basically anything from Shea Moisture, but this co-wash is great because it’s cleansing and moisturizing. I love how soft it makes my hair feel, and it also makes my hair SUPER easy to detangle.
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave in Conditioner – This leave in conditioner is literally thebomb.com. It’s a really large container, which means I don’t have to buy it every 5 seconds, and it also keeps my hair moisturized without being weighed down. I can use this both as a leave in and as a styler for my wash n gos.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love everything about my hair! I love the versatility, and how I can go from a wash n go to a blow out to braids to whatever I want whenever I want. I love the personality that my hair gives me, I love watching it grow the more I take care of it.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Umm.. I want to say detangling is a big problem with me, because my arms get tired after a while LOL. Also, prepping certain styles for bed sometimes is annoying because I’m lazy and just want to hit the sheets!
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I try to inspire other girls to return natural by showing them the beauty and the versatility that comes with it. My blog and Instagram feature women with all different stories who have beautiful TWAs or long tresses. I also try to inspire them through my own story, and showing that anyone can learn how to care for their hair once they’re ready.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: Hmm.. if protective styles count, then Crochet Wigs are definitely my favorite hair style right now. If I’m limited to my own hair, I think Fro-hawks are my fav because they look so cool and only take a few minutes!
“The only walls that will hold you back are the ones you build yourself”
If you want to go natural, that’s awesome! Do it for yourself and don’t worry about anything that the people around you have to say. Just be patient and have faith in your journey. Things will will look up before you know it!
😀 Our fun loving Naturalista not only shows us how to love our hair but try other syles and just have fun with our tresses 😀
Would you like to know more information about our very lovely Naturalista, then please check out her contact links:
Facebook: Talk Tresses
❤ Thank you Lovelies for reading, many thank yous to Ms. Victoria for participating & You All Have a Gorgeous Day ❤