!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our next guest is Beautiful Amma Mama,
Our fun loving Naturalista has tons of valuable information to share with us, so here we go.
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy Sweets:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: My name is Amma but I go by Amma Mama online. I am a blogger. You can check out my blog here at allthingsammamama.com.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I had a relaxer from 7yrs old-21 years old. I did transition for a couple of months and then I did the big chop. My goal was to transition for a year. However, the two different textures were battling each other and it became too much for me.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I have been natural for almost six years. I did the big chop on Oct 11, 2009. It feels like AGES ago.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I have always had thick full hair. However, years of relaxing was thinning my hair and my edges. I hated that my hair was thinning.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: It was hard because I forgot how coarse my natural hair really was. I was relaxed from 7 years old to 21 years old. I had to learn about this hair of mine that I really didn’t know. I was also really insecure about not having “long” hair to rely on.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: I would say natural hair bloggers, natural hair vloggers and having thick hair. I’ve stated so many times I would relax my hair but I don’t think I ever would. The smell of a relaxer makes me cringe and so does the thought of my hair thinning.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
- Coconut Oil because it’s light and makes my hair shiny.
- Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade because it helps to tame and calm down my hair, especially after the gym.
- SheaMoisture Raw Shea Detangler because it really detangles my hair and it’s all natural.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love how thick my hair is. Even though, as a kid I would get made fun of sometimes because of its thickness. I appreciate that thickness now.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: I do not enjoy washing my hair. I also do not enjoy de-tangling it or blow drying it. I do not like doing my own hair at all.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I share my experience, advice and tips. I am ALWAYS referring people to natural hair salons, natural hair blogs, natural hair You Tube channels, natural hair books and etc in order to help them. I usually share this information on my blog or when people ask me questions. I get a lot of natural hair questions from women ( relaxed, transitioning natural and women with weave). Whether it be at work, on the street, at my place of worship, in the grocery store, etc. As a result, I answer the questions from my perspective or I try to point these women in the right direction. I am not a natural hair expert or natural hair professional but I don’t mind sharing my experiences from being almost six years in the game.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: My favorite hair style is my Celie Twists. I feel like a Disney princess when I rock them and I am an expert at doing them. I get a lot of compliments on them. They’re my “go to style” and they sit like a pretty crown around my head.
Natural Beauty – Big Chop
Natural Beauty – Protective Styles
Natural Beauty – Different Styles
😀 This post shows us the importance of not only loving our hair texture but also the value of learning a style that works for you and your precious tresses 😀
❤ Thank you Darlings for reading, many thank yous Ms. Amma Mama for participating & You all Have a Fantastic Day 😀