!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our next guest is lovely Audrey with such a pretty smile.
Beautiful naturalista with a gorgeous personality and amazing hair.
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy Dolls:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: My name is Audrey Flores, a Brooklyn girl by birth but a Roatan girl by blood. I love anything that has to do with glam. Entrepreneurship is my passion.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: My hair was natural until I permed it at the age of 14. I decided to grow my perm out at the age of 17, and loc’d my hair at age 18. I had locs in my hair for 7 years and then decided to cut my locs and rock my loose natural hair.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I’ve been natural for 10 years.
4) What made you return natural?
A: My hair had fallen out about 12 inches. I got so bored just wearing my hair straight. I started working out and the frizz after sweating was becoming too much.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: My first year of being natural was a breeze because I transtitioned to locs. However when I cut off the locs and decided to wear my natural hair loose, it was very challenging. I wasn’t used to short hair (my locs were 24” long) so it took me a long time to get creative with it.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: The natural hair products that flooded the market, made natural hair more manageable. Also, YouTube tutorials saved my life. The ability to be versatile with my hairstyles is what has kept me natural.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why? A:
- Olive Oil – I use this in my deep conditioners and it leaves my hair so moisturized.
- Batana – This is what my mom used on our hair as a child for moisture and it still works today.
- Tresemme Shampoo – When I use other shampoos, my hair feels toasty until I use conditioner, but with Tresemme it feels soft even before I use conditioner.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: I love that my hair can look like it has a blow out one day, and the next day can shrink to a cute and curly fro.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Re-twisting at night when I’m rocking a twist out. Sometimes I get home late and am too tired to re-twist.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I became a walking example by showing off all of the different hairstyles I have accomplished with my natural hair. I have also started a new blog called Roatan Naturals. It’s purpose is to inspire Roatan women to rock their hair in its natural state by sharing natural hair stories, captivating photos, and discussions.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: My favorite hairstyle is definitely Crochet Braids. This is like insta-glam for me, you can wear it curly, afro, straight, long, short. The best part is my hands are out of my hair for one month.
Relaxed Beauty – Younger Years
Natural Beauty – Locs
My favorite season is Summer.
😀 Great post and so amazing to have another naturalista here on the Island who you can connect with and share ideas and tips 😀
❤ Thank you Lovelies for reading, many thank yous to Ms. Audrey for participating & You All Have an amazing day ❤