!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
Our following guest is Lovely Mandy,
Gorgeous naturalista and also from our own Island here in the Caribbean!!!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy Dolls:
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: My name is Mandy Pinet, I was born and raised in the beautiful island of Roatan. I am mothe to two beatiful girls who happens to be naturalistas as well. I love my natural hair and I love to share my natural hair journey with other ladies.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I transitioned for 3.5 months.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I´ve been natural for 2 yrs and 3 months.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I returned natural because of two main reasons; the first was to be an example to my daughters, to help them love and embrace their natural hair and secondly because I was experiencing two much hair loss, breakage and my hair started to thinned out.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: It was in between; my gram who I consider my mom was not into my natural hair journey and at the beginning that was hard for me, on the other hand my hubby and my daughters supported me.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: My daughters have helped me and continue to help me remain natural, also the support of members in my healthy hair care group has helped me because they see me as an inspiration.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why?
A: JBCO (Jamaican black castor oil) because it´s perfect for sealing my thick tresses and it promotes hair growth and thickness. Coconut oil because it´s light weight and easily penetrates my scalp and last but not least Shea Butter, because it keeps my hair moisturized for days.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: It´s thickness and it´s versatility!
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: Wash day I would have to say, my hair is super thick and It takes me hours to complete my wash routine.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: My favorite hair style is Twistouts.
Natural Beauty – Hair Styles Galore
Natural Beauty – Puffs
Natural Beauty – Different Styles
Just as flower doesn’t´ wish to be red or blue, why do you wish not to be you!
😀 This post shows us to not only teach ourselves but our little ones about the beauty of their natural hair, in turn, these little ones will love their own hair 😀
❤ Thank you Darlings for reading, many thank yous Ms. Mandy for being patient with me in getting all your pics uploaded!!! Smiles!!!!