!!!WELCOME TO ISLANDKYNKS BLOG FEATURE!!!
!!!!!!!OCTOBER EXCLUSIVE FEATURE!!!!!!!
Our following guest is Lovely Ginger!
Gorgeous Naturalista with beautiful curls!!!!
Here is her Natural Hair Story, do enjoy Ladies,
1) Please introduce your amazing self.
A: I’m Ginger 33 born and raised in Albuquerque, NM. I love hanging out with my family, reading, watching too much TV and youtube videos. I’m a practicing licensed massage therapist and, I’m trying to be a blogger.
2) Did you Transition, Big Chop, Both or Natural from Birth?
A: I transitioned for about 7 months and then had my sister ( who is a hair stylist) do the chopping.
3) How long have you been natural?
A: I stopped relaxing in September of 2013 and chopped sometime around April of 2013. So, almost 2 ½ years.
4) What made you return natural?
A: I was tired of those scalp burns! I spent 24 years putting those chemicals on my head and I was just tired of it. I saw so many gorgeous heads of kinky, coily hair and I loved it. I realized it was time.
5) How hard or easy was your first year of being natural?
A: I found it surprisingly easy. I was lucky to have so many different resources. I work in salon full of curly hair experts, plus youtube and the blogisphere had so much to offer.
6) What helped you the most, to remain natural?
A: I’d say my hair! For the first time in my entire life I liked my hair. It was a new and amazing feeling.
7) Your 3 favorite products and why? A:
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Shampoo. It gets my hair clean without stripping it and making it dry.
- Organix Keratin Oil Conditioner. It is the best thing I’ve found to detangle with, lets my fingers slip right through easily.
- Avocado Oil, I use this as a heat protectant, scalp moisturizer, and an ingredient when I deep condition.
8) What do you love about your unique tresses?
A: The versatility I have. I feel like I can do a million different things with my hair now. I’m slowly trying to incorporate new and different styles into my routine.
9) What is your least favorite task when dealing with your natural hair?
A: I think I speak for a lot of us when I say detangling. If I could pay someone to do it for me I would.
10) How do you inspire other girls to return natural?
A: I think it’s a really personal decision that everyone has to think about on their own. I would just say there is a whole community of us out there that will be there for you if you choose to do it. I think it’s important not to shame those who aren’t natural, or who return to relaxing.
11) So far in your journey, what is your favorite hair style?
A: Curly Bangs! I have always wanted bangs and I never thought they looked right. Now I love wearing them and I love them.
Natural Beauty – Various Styles
My favorite flower is the Gerber daisy.
“If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
😀 This post shows us the importance of loving our own unique hair texture and accepting every coil, kink, coil and curl 😀
❤ Thank you Darlings for reading, many thank yous Ms. Ginger for participating and you all have a great Day 😀