Hello My Dears,
Hope all are doing well and having a nice evening.
Here to report progress of my Water & Tea Challenge for these last months plus updates on My Hair Health Challenge:
- Water & Tea Challenge – The water part I have down well, drinking a lot more on a daily basis than I did before and yes, am seeing definite results, my hair is softer, can see she is moisturized and even on extremely warm days, such as what we have had, all I have to do is add a bit of water and she is good to go. I will try the Teas more often for the next 3 months, will do in the evenings, and try to aim for 2 cups, will do the Mint, Ginger or Hibiscus Tea, different one a day.
- NEW – Eating Healthier Challenge – See, told you I am serious, hahahaha. For those who know me, I LOVE junk food, its delicious but not good for my health in any way, fashion or form, so I found this awesome No Junk Food Challenge for 21 Days, you can google it and will be starting on this healthier lifestyle tomorrow for 2.5 months, my goal is to be healthier and lose the cravings for salt and sugar, will it be easy, NOPE, is it worth it? For me, YES, 1,000%.
- NEW – Biotin Challenge – Yes, let me explain. For those following me on IG, you will be aware that was quite ill, and due to the very strong meds to combat high fever, thyroid issue, etc, my hair got thinner and dropped out, which of course left me devastated. At this point, was about to BC because quite frankly, after you try 1,000 times and it fails, it is a disappointment and and was tired of fighting a losing battle but, thankfully due to my awesome family and my girl, Maircurls, was able to bounce back into action, thrown rather, hahahahaha but on it once again. So I then decided that for my tresses to regain their health, I had to do get help internally an externally so I researched Biotin and will post what I found and how I plant to use, am super excited about this challenge. So if any of you lovely ladies or gents have used Biotin before, please let me know how it worked for you and if you have any advice or tips, share in comments.
- NEW – Okra Challenge – As you know, am a firm believer in Okra to use externally on my tresses but for quite sometime now, could not find any here on the Island. Then one day, my Mom, while shopping found some in the Supermarket and she thought, let’s try it, you know the saying, Mother knows best, yes, its true!!! It has done wonders in my hair only after using for about a week, Mom could see the difference so YAY, click here for how to prepare for your hair.
BIOTIN CHALLENGE – 8 MONTHS TO GO
If you have not heard of Biotin before, no worries, there are a million and one pages of it on Google, but here is my break down for you:
- What is Biotin? A: Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin, also called vitamin B7 and formerly known as vitamin H. Is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. Biotin assists in various metabolic reactions involving the transfer of carbon dioxide. It may also be helpful in maintaining a steady blood sugar level. Biotin is often recommended as a dietary supplement for strengthening hair and nails.- Wikipedia
- How much Biotin should one take on a daily basis? A: “Biotin deficiency is rare and low levels may result in brittle nails and hair loss,” explains Dr. Stuart. “However, hair loss and brittle nails may have multiple causes and taking biotin supplements may actually halt this process and even help to reverse it.” The general daily recommended dosage of biotin is 2.5 mg (or 2,500 mcg), according to Dr. Richard Scher – For his complete review, please click, HuffingtonPost.
- My View Point: As I researched, found many pros for this supplement so decided to give a try, will be taking a pill every other day, which is about 2,500 mcg per day and of course will be drinking lots of water as I have heard, Acne is a problem for some while taking Biotin so we shall see how it works for me. I love this brand in particular, had excellent reviews on Amazon and the ingredients are superb. My goal is to assist my hair internally for health and strength.
There you have it My Ladies and Gents, the plan is to stay healthy and maintain my tresses internally with having a healthier eating lifestyle and externally by applying Okra once a week on her. She will be in my go-to protective style, 2 strand twists, and post pictures at least once a month on my IG account, make sure to stay tuned Dears.
Thank you for visiting and please feel free to leave your tips, advice or questions below in comments.