Hello My Dears,
Hope you and your family & friends are all doing well, safe and healthy.
Today is our first post on Fruits that help our hair from the inside out.
Apples are the ones I have chosen for today, so let us read about the benefits:
“This crunchy sweet treat is a great option to add to your diet daily. Apples contain vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin C, A, B2, E, calcium, soluble fiber, antioxidants, and flavonoids. Apples are also known to stimulate hair growth, reduce dandruff, and prevent hair loss. With all of these wonderful health benefits, your body will thank you and your hair will be happy.”
“An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away but is also a natural remedy for hair growth. Besides being a sweet and delectable fruit, apples are the most natural hair growth boosters. This fruit has soluble fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants that can do wonders for your hair and it is the presence of phenolic compound and biotin in apple skin that strengthens the roots and promotes hair growth naturally”.
“According to the Tsukuba research team, unripe apples contain Procyanidin B-2, a natural compound that appears to handle proteins in a way that makes new hair grow. Although not as highly concentrated, eating a ripe apple gives you some of this compound along with all of the antioxidant benefits. If your goal is to grow new hair and keep your current hair healthy, eat an apple a day.”
“Apples contain vitamin A, vitamin B, and vitamin C, which are all vital to maintaining a healthy scalp and healthy hair. “They’re also packed with antioxidants to keep those free radicals away and aid cell renewal,” explained Dr. Bizrah. In 2002, a team of Japanese researchers looked into the correlation between apple extract and hair growth and found that apples contained a compound called procyanidin B-2. This compound aids in hair growth so it seems an apple a day also keeps hair thinning and baldness at bay.”
“You can use Apple for hair growth, as it is a powerhouse of many vitamins and minerals like magnesium and calcium, which are important for strengthening the roots of your hair. By consuming apples regularly, you can supply the body of all vital nutrients important to restore the beauty of your hair. You will also notice a reduction in hair loss caused due to breakages and damage.“
Sounds pretty awesome right!!!
As we can see, apples are excellent for us internally & externally, a win win.
How about some Apple Hair Masks Recipes, hahaha, ask and you shall receive:
The Beauty Gypsy – How to make the Apple Hair Mask
1-2 Large Apples
2 TBSP of ACV
1 TSP of Lemon Juice
1 TBSP of Corn Flour
1. Peel, core and grate 1-2 large apples; mash into a thickish pulp with a large spoon.
2. Combine this pulp with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon corn flour; mix well. (You can replace the corn flour with another powdery substance of your choice as I know for some of us this would be extremely difficult to wash out or you can leave out if desired).
3. Work this mixture into dry, unwashed hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse off the hair mask with tepid water.
5. Wash and style your hair as usual.
Daily Curlz – Green Apple Hair Mask for Healthy Hair
1 Green Apple
1/2 TBSP of Lemon
2 TSP of ACV
1 TBSP of Horsetail Powder
- Peel and chop a whole green apple. Then put it in a blender, it is very important that the green apple is really smooth to make the rinse process easier. If you don’t blend it really well It will be really hard to rinse it out of hair.
- Combine the pulp with 1/2 lemon and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of horsetail powder. Mix well until dissolve. (If you do not have horsetail, see if you can find an alternative, where I live this would be impossible to get so would use henna instead).
- Apply this mixture into dry hair. This is a pre-poo, which means that it should be applied before you wash your hair. Cover with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes or more.
Rinse well with water.
Then wash and Style your hair as usual.
If you try any of the above hair recipes, let us know and please share your results.
Here is a fun idea, want to see if Eating an Apple a Day works?
You can start right now, take a picture of your hair (Before), eat an apple a day for 31 days then take another picture (After) to see if it worked for your lovely tresses.
Remember to cater to your own personal hair care needs and do your research first.
Thank you for joining in and stay tuned for next time.
Isle of Azure